10 Random Things About Me
I saw this on The Militant Baker and since Jess is such a badass, inspiring babe, I wanted to follow suit. I know, I know... copycat. Anyway, I am really digging this time to find 10 random things about me that I haven't already told you guys. I really want to make this one fun!
1. I feel a strange connection to Lucille Ball (I think we were related, maybe?). I find her very inspiring and relatable. She slapped a smile on that gorgeous red-lipped face in spite of everything that she was experiencing and went through with a very public divorce in a generation when divorce was socially unacceptable and women were expected to "stand by their man."
2. I am incredibly finicky. Whether it's my style, my hobbies, my feelings, or my heart, I flip-flop easily and without remorse. I can like something one minute and completely disconnect the next. Bam! Just like that... over it.
3. I have really wide feet. I hate them. They are always well manicured and taken care of but they are as wide as they are long. Short and fat. They make it impossible to find cute shoes and even more impossible to wear heels (which I choose to get over due to my obsession with heels). My mother even nicknamed them the "Flintstone Feet" and says that I could peddle a car with them!
4. I have an obsession with boxes. Hat boxes, trinket boxes, etc. I love them all.
5. I am very technologically challenged. A nerd I am not, but I would love to be because I find them very adorable!
6. I am in love with starving artists... always have been.
7. I identify myself with the Bohemian lifestyle. I have a gypsy heart and would love to pack up my VW Bus (yes, I do have one) and travel and live off of the land and odd jobs. I don't like rules or being controlled in any way and love nature and all that it has to offer. I could spend HOURS just sitting at the beach or resting on a deserted park bench.
8. I have very few people who I consider "friends." That word means a lot to me and I feel that it is an accreditation that is earned and to be taken seriously. Acquaintances and friends are two totally different things to me and I honor and respect my friends completely.
9. I value the beauty of literature. There is NOTHING more magical than a well written book.
10. I couldn't finish 50 Shades of Grey.