I was nominated for a Liebster Award by another blogger, Sabz @ The Eclectic Grabbag. (Thanks Sweets!) This award is for up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and the idea is that people who win the award pass it on to other bloggers who are also developing a following.
Here are the rules, ladies:
*Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
*They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
*They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
*They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers.
*These lucky bloggers must be told.
*There are no tag backs.
11 Things About Me:
1. I'm a tiny bit OCD. I'm a clean freak, organized beyond belief, count things, pair everything up, break numbers down into their lowest common denominator, and eat candy in pairs by color. Who wants to ride the Crazy Train with me? Choo Choo!
2. My favorite color is RED.
3. My favorite candy is banana Runts (especially the chewy ones).
4. I was born in Wyoming.
5. I'm the most stubborn person I know (and anybody who knows me probably agrees).
6. I have a picture of my boys riding a camel.
7. I collect frogs (figurines, coffee cups, etc... not real ones).
8. I am obsessed with Burt's Bees products.
9. I love cheese; my husband calls me a rat!
10. My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip.
11. I invented an apple cobbler recipe tonight and it turned out YUMMY!
11 Questions About Me:
1. What made you start your blog?
I started my blog because I love to write but have a hard time sticking to one subject. I am working on a book (and have been for quite some time) and got writer's block; I wanted to continue writing but didn't want to work within the confines of one story. I started reading some blogs and thought about how brilliant and talented these women are and really wanted to be a part of that community.
2. How often do you post?
I try to post everyday however I miss a couple of days every now and then. I would say that I post probably 4 to 5 times a week.
3. Do you follow any blog hops?
I do not follow any blog hops... I think I'll have to look into that!
4. Do you have a blog you follow religiously?
I follow several blogs very regularly but if I had to choose one to mention, I would say that I read The Nearsighted Owl daily. Rachele is hilarious!
5. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is crab legs. We recently moved to the Pacific Northwest Coast and get to eat them quite often... Yum!
6. Where have you travelled to?
I have not travelled as much as I'd like but I have been to: Canada, Mexico, every state in western USA, Kentucky, Nashville (which I LOVED), Georgia, and Chicago (briefly).
7. Do you have any fun hobbies?
Hmmm, my hobbies include: reading, writing, crafting, thrifting, and spending time on the ocean.
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
John Cusack. We are in love and will be planning our wedding soon. :-)
9. What is your go to makeup routine?
I wash/exfoliate my face in the shower, apply moisturizer, color corrector, primer, and light foundation and powder. Then for a natural day I apply light eye shadow, curl my lashes, and do 2 coats of mascara followed by lip gloss.
10. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
I would want the ability to warp reality. I could reshape matter, transform energy, create whatever I desire, and make all of my dreams come true!
11. Describe yourself in 5 words:
Free-Spirited, stubborn, loving, protective, and optimistic.
1. Brandi from Cupcakes and Curves
2. Alli from Alligator Eyes
3. Wendy from Thrifted
4. Rebecca from Rebecca Lowes Illustration
5. Kellie from Delightfully Ludicrous
6. Linz from Linzerello Does Fatshion
7. Mare from Adventures in the Ballpark
8. Brittney from The Sweet Life
9. Erin from Not Quite June Cleaver
10. Jana Faith from Everyday is Your Runway
11. Kelsea from Pink Wonderland
Eleven Questions that My Nominees Must Answer
1. Who is your favorite author?
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. What was your favorite childhood toy?
4. What is your favorite tv show?
5. What is/was your nickname?
6. What is your dream job?
7. Who is your favorite Superhero?
8. How long have you been blogging?
9. If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be?
10. What is your favorite snack?
11. What is your favorite holiday?
I hope that you have an opportunity to visit all of the lovely ladies I nominated. Their blogs are amazing and they are all unique. Show them some love!