This Sunday will be devoted to my newest obsessions.
1. Song Pop on Facebook. Ok, it took me years to give in to the facebook game trend but I found the game of all games. If you are a music buff, you have to play this! They play a song clip from different genres of music and you are timed. Your points are based upon speed and accuracy. I am the queen (self professed). Play me... I dare you! :-)
2. Homemade laundry soap. Do you realize how much money you can save if you make your own laundry soap? TONS!! Trust me, I just started making mine. I was skeptical at first but after my initial batch, I am a believer. The soap smells lemony fresh, the clothes are bright and clean, and stains are removed. Here's my recipe! (PS... each batch costs approximately $1.25 and washes about 50 loads of laundry.)
Laundry Soap Recipe
Each batch yields approximately 32 ounces (between 32-64 loads based on how many Tbsp used per load).
1 bar of shaved bar soap (Ivory, ZOTE, Fels-Naptha)
1 cup of borax
1 cup of washing soda
Thoroughly stir together for 5 minutes and enjoy the results! That’s it folks…seems too good to be true, but it is true indeed!
3. Organic bath soap. My entire family has very sensitive skin so I found these babies at the farmers' market. Each bar costs about $5.00 and lasts much longer than the bottled bath soaps that I was buying at the store. The ingredients are all natural and even the scents don't irritate our skin. Yay!
4. Infused iced teas. Yummy! I like the peach, huckleberry, and pomegranate green tea the best.
5. FUN. FUN is an alternative rock band that has been out since 2009. Most of you will recognize them from their most popular hit, "We Are Young." FUN was founded by Nate Ruess from The Format (love, love, love them)! FUN is very theatrical and kind of reminds me of a one night stand between Queen and Panic at the Disco, resulting in a beautiful rhythmic love child. They make me smile.
6. Summer dresses. Dresses are fun, flattering, and super comfy.
7. Tattoos. I'm really feelin' the itch for some ink! I need a new one, anybody wanna donate to the "Sarah Needs a Sleeve" fund?
8. Kick Ass Women. I am obsessed with women who know what they want, deserve, and demand it. The more blogging that I do, the more beautiful, confident women I meet. These women have it all- and express their feelings beautifully through their writing... like me! If you haven't yet, check out these blogs:
Rachele from The Nearsighted Owl is a red haired, red lipped beauty with confidence and a super fun lifestyle blog. LOVE her!!
Lovely Scottish gem who blogs about fatshion, love, and self love.
Elycia blogs about do it yourself projects, photos, and anything else that pops into her lovely little head!
9. Summertime on the coast. It is absolutely lovely! The boys and I go to the beach and collect agates, shells, and memories. I also get to spend a lot of time capturing beautiful sunsets on the horizon, marine life, and lighthouse pictures. There are cutesie little trinket shops everywhere, clam chowder on every corner, and tons of interesting tourists we get to meet.
10. Purses. Ok, this is not news to anybody who has met me. I have a handbag for every occasion. I am obsessed with them! My purse changes with my moods and since I am a Gemini, my mood changes often! I am on the look out for a vintage crocheted bag so if anybody has any ideas, send 'em my way!!
Hope you enjoyed your little peek into the madness that is my mind! :-)